Mouser Electronics is congratulating race car driver Tony Kanaan for his history-making victory at the Indianapolis 500 in May. A fan favorite, Kanaan achieved his 16th career victory, but marked his first Indy 500 win following a second place finish in 2004 and third-place finishes in 2012 and 2003. Mouser is a lead sponsor of Kanaan’s car, #11.
“Tony drove an absolutely amazing race,” said Todd McAtee, Mouser’s vice president of business development. “He has fought hard for this and all of us here at Mouser are excited that we are able to be a part of this incredible victory. And the season isn’t over yet.”
Mouser first sponsored IndyCar in 2011 as a way to communicate its performance-driven business model and promote the newest technologies and how they affect the high-tech world of IndyCar racing.
In other distributor news, Peerless Electronics announced the opening of its new Otto Controls e-store, offering a vast selection of Otto’s toggle, rocker, Hall Effect and pushbutton switches, switch guards, grips and accessories. Many of the switches are sealed and are ideal for industries with demanding environments such as marine, aviation, truck, bus and specialty vehicles, medical equipment and the military. The distributor stocks more than 500 different switches from OTTO Controls, and the website provides descriptions, high resolution photos, and accessories and data sheets for each product.
A host of other distributors made news recently with awards, honors and new distribution agreements:
- Digi-Key received 17 awards from 13 of its supplier partners at the Electronics Distribution Show in Las Vegas in May. The awards came from: Lumex, Omron Electronic Components, TDK, TDK-Lambda, Vishay Intertechnology, Littlefuse, Micron Commercial Components, NKK Switches, Emerson Network Power Connectivity Solutions, Stackpole, Schaffner, Cooper-Bussman and EDAC Group.
- Allied Electronics received eight supplier awards at EDS, from: NKK Switches, HartingElektronik,Schaffner,Crydom Inc.,Honeywell, Neutrik, Magnecraft, and Qualtek Electronics Corp.
- Allied also announced that it was ranked #126 in Internet Retailer’s Top 500 Guide, which ranks North America’s 500 largest e-retailers.
- Mouser Electronics received Murata Americas’ President’s Award for Outstanding Contributions during 2012.America II Electronics signed an authorized distribution agreement with Altech Corporation, a U.S-based supplier of European components and devices used in industrial control, instrumentation and automation applications.
- Avnet Electronics Marketingannounced it is shipping the production-grade ZedBoard, the industry’s first development kit to offer production silicon of the Xilinx, Inc. Zynq®-7000 All Programmable (AP) SoC.
ECIA Canada Chapter Meeting
June 6, 2013
Institute for Supply Management 2nd Annual Risk Management Conference
July 25-26, 2013
SMTA/CALCE Counterfeit Symposium
June 25-27, 2013hea
College Park, Maryland
ECIA Texas Chapter Meeting
July 10, 2013
We want to hear from you. Send your news to [email protected].